It is practically inevitable. All systems eventually malfunction at some point. And when they do, downtime can cause far more than lost time and money. It can also result in missed opportunities, a damaged reputation and customer dissatisfaction that can be disastrous for your business. Without the appropriate technical support expertise and service levels, you may feel like you are always reacting to problems instead of focusing on your business.
Fortunately, that is where quality technical support services come in. But what exactly does quality technical support look like? It can mean a system that identifies a potential problem and applies a fix remotely so you may never even know you have a problem. Quality technical support can also mean the identification of a potential problem and engagement of the technician on your behalf to proactively schedule time to apply a fix. Ideally, you do not ever want to need a service call. However, when you do need onsite support, you want technicians who can respond fast, identify and repair the problem quickly—and reduce the chance that the problem will happen again. You also want services to be delivered according to your unique needs and budgetary requirements.
Achieving this level of support can be challenging—especially as you strive to balance high IT availability with support costs. Relying on in-house resources to manage your technical support needs can involve significant time, resources and expense—and can ultimately divert attention away from core business. And managing multiple service providers can expose your business to increased risks that can stem from difficulty in accessing support, managing multiple contracts and bills, and receiving inconsistent service quality. A technical support provider that focuses on quality and adding value to your organization, as opposed to just reducing costs, can help you overcome these challenges.
What you need is an industry-leading technical support provider. Here’s what to look for:
- A thorough understanding of your business needs and the ability to respond accordingly
- Flexible service options designed to support your needs and budget
- A single point of contact for globally consistent services, from simple break-fix to end-to-end support capabilities, so that every location can access almost immediate expertise to help resolve events
- Global leadership in technical expertise, designed to include broad infrastructure competence and deep, multiplatform and multivendor technology skills
- Support that is quick, accessible and reliable
- Remote support and automated web-based options that can help speed problem resolution and control the labor costs of IT infrastructure support and maintenance
- Proactive monitoring and event notifications to help reduce business disruptions
- Parts replacement capabilities, on time and at the right locations
- Time-tested methods and support processes
- Responsiveness to your unanticipated business challenges, whether due to availability issues or major change management challenges
- Proof of potential cost savings via out-tasked support that may include remote support tools and staff, as well as management of contracts, warranties and asset inventories
Schedule a consultation today to learn about how Flagship can help you find the right technical support for your business.
If you liked this blog, you might also like: The “Ripple” Effect of Downtime
Flagship Solutions Group can deliver efficiencies across hybrid infrastructures with&nbsp;a broad range of capabilities. We offer clients theflexibility to select the degree of support they want for each layer&nbsp;of infrastructure&nbsp;&mdash;&nbsp;from basic monitoring and management&nbsp;to long-term arrangements based on an innovation path&nbsp;designed to replace an aging or inflexible infrastructure with&nbsp;new technology.
Infographic: DIY vs MSP
What should you do to keep your IT house in order? While DIY could save more in upfront costs, it can also be a complex and drawn-out process that yields long-term operating expenses. The same principle applies to IT infrastructure improvements, software utilization, and data center management. Here’s a comparison between doing it yourself (DIY) and hiring a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to take on the task for you.
eBook: Top 10 tips for selecting a managed services provider
Everyone’s looking to IT to create business value and innovation. But you’re short on resources. How do you pull that off? A cloud and managed services provider can help.
The right vendor should show you that it can provide skills, processes and resources that exceed your in-house capabilities. Does it have what it takes to help your business transform?
To find the answer, look for 10 key criteria.
White Paper: Using Managed Services to Transform Your Business
Utilizing a managed services provider can help you transform your business by saving you money, keeping you ahead of technology issues and making your employees more productive. Learn more.
Infographic: Choosing the right managed services provider for your IT infrastructure
The pressure’s on. Everyone’s looking to IT to create business value and innovation. But running IT is no easy task these days. A managed services provider can help.
White Paper – IDC: Managed S ervices: Ensuring Enterprise Transformation to Hybrid IT
In today’s digital economy, executives report that aligning IT with business imperatives is a challenge. Plus, newer technologies are driving fundamental changes in how people interact with organizations. To stay competitive, enterprises are turning to managed services providers to help:
• Transform their business by shifting to hybrid IT capabilities
• Gain agility to better adapt to market dynamics
• Optimize productivity and performance
• Achieve integrated hybrid IT service delivery and management
Learn all this and more when you download the IDC white paper “Managed services: Ensuring enterprise transformation to hybrid IT.”
Transforming Your Business to Hybrid IT with Managed Services
David Tapper, VP Outsourcing and Offshore Services, IDC, discusses how enterprise can ensure a smooth transformation to the hybrid IT environment using managed services. To learn more about how you can effectively transition to utilizing emerging and disruptive technology and services, download the IDC white paper “Managed Services: Ensuring Enterprise Transformation to Hybrid IT” at https://ibm.biz/BdH93q
Research Report: mpacts and Improvements: Optimized Sourcing in Hybrid IT Environments
Smart companies today are rethinking how they source and manage increasingly hybridized IT environments. In this research report, Saugatuck Technology draws on work they’ve done with hundreds of organizations to help you understand:
- How and why hybrid IT is developing and accelerating
- How to recognize and anticipate critical needs that can increase costs and compromise operations
- How to find the best qualified providers to help you “optimize by outsourcing”
Navigating your Digital Transformation with IBM Integrated Managed Infrastructure Services
To accelerate digital transformation, many companies are adopting new technologies like cloud and mobile, which result in a hybrid, enterprise IT infrastructure.